Followers

Wednesday 23 November 2016

Journal 52

It took me a long time to decide how to deal with this one.....community art - include the words:
We stand with you - indigenous people, Muslims, LGBTQ, Immigrants, Alter-Abled, Women, The Disenfranchised, Refugees, All People Of Colour, Veterans, Survivors, And anyone feeling alone and scared


It was not until I was having a good clear out of a cupboard that was home to some old magazines (Stitch with the Embroiderers Guild) that I came across a pile of textile images and one in particular called out to me!

A fabric that had been coloured with Markal oil bars & machine stitches.....



A black tag & some assorted fonts later I had my page....


Then today I was cutting my way through some of the other pictures I'd kept and this wacky doll seem ideal for the opposite page!


So here is the spread....the only problem is 2 directions! She just didn't work the other way though :-(

So I'm going to live with it 

1 comment:

  1. Nothing beats a good search in the cupboard. Fantastic pages Sally.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete